Cognito Upper Control Arms Leveling Kit 11+ GMC 2500HD 8 Lug COGUCAK100051
Geometry of the GM front suspension - almost a good design.
The GM front IFS suspension design on these models lacks in certain areas that limits the suspension travel of the front of a non-lifted vehicle. The first problem is the front shocks are too short, bottoming out at full extension before the upper control arms ever touch the droop travel bump-stops. This is extremely hard on the shocks, and premature failure of the shocks is unavoidable.
The second problem is that GM upper control arm hits the droop stop on the frame before you ever reach the maximum potential of the travel of the front suspension. Even on 4wd models, the front CV axles have more travel potential than GM provides you from the factory. We believe this is a design flaw on the 8-lug models. Cheaper leveling kits, don’t waste your money! These GM models come with a hefty rake to them, lower in the front by at least 2”, undesirable by many owners. Some owners would just like a small amount of lift in the front to be able to run a slightly larger tire.
It is recommended to use these control arms WITH a Torsion Key in order to get a level stance, and to get the benefits of a re-positioned ball joints and extra travel.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 25.0 lbs.
- W25.0000” x H15.0000” x L9.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
- Customer Satisfaction Our #1 priority is our customer! Take our customer satisfaction survey »
- Fast Shipping Fast same day shipping if your order is placed before 12pm PST
- Low Price Guarantee We guarantee we will have the lowest price and match competitors prices!
- No Hassle Returns If you are not satisfied we make it easy for you to return your item.